Press Release of the Day: from French’s Mustard:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Recently there has been some confusion as to the origin of French’s mustard. For the record, French’s would like to say, there is nothing more American than French’s mustard.
Born in New York by the R. T. French company, French’s Cream Salad Mustard made its debut in 1904 at the St. Louis World’s Fair along with its side kick, the hot dog. Both were an instant success! By 1915 the French’s pennant became the brand’s official logo, symbolizing French’s affiliation with baseball and American celebration.
Throughout the years consumers have professed their lifelong love of America’s number one mustard. “For many Americans, French’s mustard IS Americana. It’s all about baseball, hot dogs, family and fun,” says Elliot Penner, president of French’s mustard.
Did You Know?
* French’s mustard was first introduced, along with the hot dog, at the St. Louis World’s Fair in 1904. Now more than 50 billion ounces of French’s is served.
* French’s “Classic Yellow” mustard has been a staple at the ballpark for almost a century.
* French’s mustard is the official mustard at Yankee Stadium.
* Americans love their mustard and last year consumed over 77 million bottles of French’s.
* French’s is America’s “Favorite Mustard” and is in more households than any other mustard.
* In 2002, the French’s bottle got a new shape with new dispensing technology and two new sizes.
* French’s is known for adding flavor and zest to all American favorites including hot dogs, hamburgers, sandwiches, chicken nuggets and pretzels.
* French’s mustard has a flavor to please all palates including Classic Yellow, Bold ‘n Spicy, Napa Valley style Dijon, Honey, and Sweet ‘n Zesty.
* The Seed Story: French’s uses only the highest quality mustard seeds. The milder white mustard seed is used for its Classic Yellow and honey mustard and the smaller, more assertive brown seeds for its Bold ‘n Spicy and Napa Valley style Dijon varieties.
New Jersey-based Reckitt Benckiser Inc., the maker of French’s mustard, is a leading North American manufacturer, marketer and distributor of household and food products. Some other well-known, trusted names in the Reckitt Benckiser family of products include French’s Original and Cheddar French Fried Onions, French’s Worcestershire sauce, French’s potato sticks, Frank’s “RedHot” Cayenne Pepper Sauce and new French’s GourMayo-flavored light mayonnaise.